Scheme of Examination
Classes III- XI
- The year is divided into two terms. Each term consists of two Formative Assessments and one Summative assessment. These are FA1, FA2, FA3, FA4, SA1 and SA2.
- The schools conducts assessments which are mandatory for all the students.
- Internal assessments are also conducted as a part of Continuous and Comprehensive evaluation.
- While calculating the final result weightage is given to each assessment.
Weightage for Classes III- X
Weightage for Classes III- X
- I Term- FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + SA1 (30%) =50%
- II Term- FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) + SA2 (30%) =50%
Weightage for Class XI
- I Term- Unit Test (10%) + Half Yearly (40%) =50%
- II Term- Unit Test (10%) + Final Exams (40%) = 50%
Weightage for Class XII
- I Term- Unit Test + Mid Semester Exam+ Half Yearly
- II Term- Unit Test + Pre Board
Promotion Policy For Class IX (w.e.f 2012)
- Those Students who get total grade points in co-scholastic areas/ activities in the range 53-65 may benefit by getting upgraded to the next higher grade in two subjects in scholastic areas.
- Those students who get total grade points in the range 40-52, may benefit by getting upgraded to the next higher grade in one subject in scholastic area.
- The upscaling of Grade in Scholastic Areas is applicable in Main Subject only (i.e. excluding Additional 6th Subject).
- No Grade should be upscaled twice.
- No upscaling is done if the Grade obtained in the subject is E2 or A1.
- Upscaling is done from lowest grade to next higher grade and so on.
- In case of tie in Grades in two or more subjects (i.e. if Grades obtained are same), the upscaling be done in following order :
- Higher marks obtained in the subject be preferred
- In case of tie in marks, higher marks obtained in Summative Assessments (SA1+SA2)
- In case of tie in Summative Assessments marks, higher marks obtained in Formative Assessments (FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4)
- Benefit shall be given to the students who win I/II positions/prizes in competitions held at state level and/or participation in competitions held at national/international level organised by a body recognized by the state/central Government/CBSE. Any competition organised by such agencies related to the co-scholastic areas/ activities included in the Board's CCE card may be considered for giving this benefit. Those students who qualify under this provision will benefit by getting their grade up-scaled to the next higher grade in two subjects provided this benefit has not been given to the student under the aforesaid grade point scheme.
- It is mandatory for all the students to secure minimum of 25% marks in aggregate i.e.(SA1+SA2). If mandatory 25% marks have NOT been obtained in the Summative assessments in a subject, Grade E1 or E2 will NOT be upgraded.
- If a student fails to obtain qualifying grade D in one or more subjects, even after adding grade points from co-scholastic areas and after availing one improvement chance he/she will be required to repeat the same class during next academic year.
- Marks of Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) will be included in FA4 in class IX.
Promotion Policy Class XI
In order to declare pass, a student must secure 33 % marks in each of the subject studied by him /her subject to the condition that:
- The student should secure 33 % in each of the following subjects.
- Language (Core/Elective) 2,3,4 and 5 any four Subjects under any stream which may include language as well
- She/he secures 33 % marks separately in theory and practical exams.
- The promotion is also subject to the condition that a minimum of 25% marks should be secured in the comprehensive test i.e. Final Examinations.
- Students who do not fulfill the above criterion in 2 subjects will be eligible for compartment examination.
- Students who do not fulfill the above criterion in 3 or more subjects will have to repeat the same class during next academic year.
- Student has to secure 33% or above in the compartmental exam to be deemed pass in that subject.
Note: While calculating 25 % or 33 % the benefit of fraction will go the credit of the student